Ofertas de Empleo
MEAL MANAGER Location: Syria (NES)
ONG y servicios sociales
The MEAL Manager will support MdM and their local partner to revise and put in place the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Plan for the programme in North-East Syria, ensuring relevant data are adequately collected, analyzed, shared and used to make informed decision and orientate programmes. The role includes the identification of capacity building needs and the training of MdM local partners and staff. The MEAL Manager will ensure the day-to-day management and key technical oversight of the information management and MEAL activities in coordination with the medical and mental health and psychosocial support teams.
Ultimately, s/he will ensure that programmes have evidence-based knowledge to inform the direction of the programmes.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Northeast Syria.
The successful candidate will be part of the mission senior management team and will report to the NES Coordinator.
Revise and put in place a robust MEAL Plan for MdM and their local partner programmes in Northeast Syria. This will also include the elaboration and/or adaption of the tools needed for the implementation of the MEAL plan.
Build the capacity of and provide training to MdM and local partner staff to implement the MEAL plan, including on data collection and data management; data analysis and visualization; surveys and assessments; mapping and data protection, as needed
Set-up an information sharing system to ensure data is properly used by MdM and local partner for informed decision making.
Set-up, in collaboration with MdM local partner an inclusive, adequate, accessible accountability system and train MdM and local partner staff accordingly.
Propose context-adapted ICT solutions for data collection, analysis, storage and visualisation.
Propose and provide technical support on assessments and/or evaluations based on identified information gaps.
Ensure that MdM is represented at relevant MEAL-related inter-NGO level meetings to enhance inter agency best practices sharing and learning.
Work closely with the medical and mental health and psychosocial support teams, and other health partners, to coordinate and define standards, data collection tools, standardise analysis and visualization and manage effective information sharing and dissemination to all relevant stakeholders.
Inform about coverage and gaps, and propose further assessment/data collection needed.
Academic background: Master’s degree in Information Management, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Public Health or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
Desirable: Experience in health-related MEAL systems is desirable.
• Language requirements: professional knowledge of written and spoken English. Valuable: Arabic and/or Kurdish.
• Computer requirements: user level of data visualization platforms (ie: Tableau, Power BI…), database management systems, advanced knowledge in MS Office especially Excel, knowledge of GIS software is valued.
The successful candidate must have:
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Experience in implementing MEAL systems in development and humanitarian contexts, preferably familiar with the Heath sector.
• Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region.
• Experience managing a team and managing teams remotely desirable.
• Understanding of accountability towards beneficiary, privacy and data protection.
• Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions with specific technical guidance.
• Excellent planning, coordination, monitoring and organizational skills.
• Strong relationship management and communications skills.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively and manage teams, respectful of cultural issues.
Until the end of December 2019 (possible extension pending on funding).
Medicos del Mundo’s salary grid
Hazard allowance policy applicable